Students who already have a master's degree in another area are eligible to pursue principal certification only. You can complete a certification plan in consultation with the Program Coordinator for Educational Leadership, Dr. Jerry R. Burkett.
Students who wish to transfer courses can transfer up to 6 hours of course credit into the program. Transfer hours must be evaluated and approved by the program coordinator. Transfer hours must be at the 5000-level or higher and may not be older than six (6) years when the certification requirements are completed.
As of September 1, 2019, the Texas Principal Certification test has changed. Due to adjustments in the course curriculum to ensure students are successful on the exam, students who seek Certification Only will need the following courses:
- EDAD 5300 - Introduction to Educational Leadership
- EDAD 5330 - The Principalship
- EDAD 5620 - Leadership for Student Educational Services
- EDAD 5500 - Internship
- EDAD 5680 - Leadership of K-12 Curriculum and Instruction
- EDAD 5700 - Practicum in Educational Leadership (Final Course)