- All teachers of science in grades K-12 who have taught science for at least three years by the end of the current school year and have been employed by their current district for at least two years are invited to apply
- Teachers must hold a valid license to teach a science subject. This can be an EC-6 Generalist certification at the elementary level.
- Teachers should be able to describe past professional leadership experiences and must be able to demonstrate how they have been successful in the classroom.
- Teachers also must have the support of their school administrator to apply due to the extra commitments they will have during the school year. Furthermore, teachers who become fellows are committing to remain in the classroom, in the participating district, for the entire term of their Fellowship.
- Wipro SEF is an intensive program that will require an average of 125 hours of your time each year. Applicants should carefully consider their other teaching and professional obligations before applying.
- Applicants must meet the minimum admission requirements to be considered for admission to UNT Dallas graduate school.
- Applicants must have at least a 3.0 GPA on the last 60 undergraduate semester hours of work prior to receiving the bachelor’s degree, OR an overall 2.8 GPA on all undergraduate work. Applicants with a completed master's degree must have at least a 3.4 GPA on the graduate coursework.
- While many teachers may find these skills to be helpful for other avenues of leadership in the district, this program is NOT designed to facilitate the transition of a classroom teacher to becoming a school-based or district-based leader, such as a principal or superintendent.