The application process involves two steps.
- Completing the Intent to apply and the Wipro at UNT Dallas SEF application form.
- Completing the UNT Dallas Graduate School Application
Step 1: Completing the Intent to apply and the Wipro at UNT Dallas SEF application form
Please fill out the "Intent to Apply" link.
On receipt of the intent to apply form, Kendra L. Brown will email you the Wipro at UNT Dallas SEF application form.
Print out the Wipro SEF Contract for Fellows, read it and discuss the program with your school supervisors. Sign the contract. Have your District Science Coordinator and School Principal sign the contract as well.
Complete all parts of the Wipro at UNT Dallas SEF application form and gather all required supplemental documents and email them to Ms. Brown at: firstname.lastname@example.org at the time you submit your online form. Applications without these documents will be considered incomplete and may be reviewed only at the discretion of the selection committee.
- Copy of teaching certificate
- Signed checklist
- Fellowship contract signed by School Principal and District Science Coordinator
- Unofficial transcripts for every University you have attended
- Scan the documents and email to Ms. Brown at: email@example.com at the time you submit your WIPRO SEF application form
Step 2: Applying the UNT Dallas Graduate School
Apply to and complete the requirements of the UNT Dallas Graduate School. Please order official copies of all your transcripts. They must be submitted to UNT Dallas graduate admissions.
- Please note: any offer of the fellowship is conditional until acceptance of your application by the Graduate School at UNT Dallas
- The online application is located at www.applytexas.org Please create an account and log in if you don’t have one already. Pay the $50.00 application fee.
- You need to have a 3.0 GPA (last 60 undergraduate semester hours), OR 2.8 overall undergraduate GPA, or 3.4 GPA for graduate coursework
- Submit official transcripts of every university you have attended
- Students are able to submit their transcripts officially from the ALL institutions they attended.
- Students can have official transcripts mailed directly to The Office of Graduate Admissions, 7300 University Hills Bvld, Dallas, Texas 75241 OR Students can have official transcripts sent electronically to Shaniece.Miller@untdallas.edu OR Students can drop off their official transcripts in the original SEALED envelope at the Admissions Desk, 7300 University Hills Bvld. Dallas, Texas 75241
Please apply as a graduate non degree seeking Texas resident for the Fall 2019 semester. If you choose to pursue a Master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction, we will change the status from non-degree to degree seeking in the last semester of your program.
Please ensure you complete the Wipro and Graduate School application, pay the non-refundable application fee and have your transcripts reach UNT Dallas by Monday, May 20th 2019. If you have any questions about the Graduate School application process at any time, or transcript questions please contact Shaniece Miller, Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions at 972.338.1746 or Shaniece.Miller@untdallas.edu.
If you have any questions regarding the Wipro SEF at UNT Dallas program please email Dr. Ratna Narayan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 972 338 1340.
- Information sessions will be held at the University of North Texas, Dallas on Feb 18th, March 18th and April 15th 2019 from 5:00pm to 6:30 pm.
- Additional information sessions will be held at participating ISDs and dates and times for these communicated by your District Science Coordinator.
- All Application material must be in by Monday, May 20th 2019
Evaluation of Applications
All applications for the Wipro SEF fellowship will be blinded and read. The Wipro SEF UNT Dallas Leadership team that includes faculty from UNT Dallas, the 5 District Science Coordinators and representatives from Informal Science sites in Metro Dallas.
Please keep in mind that besides using the Criteria Evaluation Rubric to evaluate the applications, the Wipro SEF leadership Team must carefully balance the number of high school, middle school, and elementary science teachers admitted to the program and ensure there is balanced representation of science teachers from the 6 partner districts and from the physical, biological, and earth sciences. Due to a limited number of slots, there will be a total of 24 K-12 teachers selected to be Wipro SEF Fellows for each cohort.
Selected teachers will be notified by May 31st 2019. Teachers who are selected will be expected to attend a Wipro SEF Cohort 3 Induction Ceremony on June 14th 2019 from 4:30-7:30 p.m. at the University of North Texas at Dallas. Spouses and principals are also invited. Please save the date.